Top 5 Ways To Use Chile Peppers
When growing and harvesting chile peppers you might find yourself asking how to use them. No worries, because with this list you'll be a chile pepper pro in absolutely no time!
Make Hot Sauce
Making hot sauce with your chile peppers is probably the number one use of chile peppers anywhere. Using your peppers for hot sauce is probably the most common sense way of doing things, but you'll need to do it right to be safe. Click here to find out how to make hot sauce.
Make Chile Pepper Flakes
Drying your chile peppers is also an extremely common way to use them! There are several different methods to drying your chile peppers. We recommend using a dehydrator unless you live in a humid environment. Other methods include oven drying (as low as your oven will go for 24 hours) and Sun Drying. You can get a dehydrator right HERE.
Make Pepper Jelly
You might not think it, but chile peppers are an AMAZING way to make a spicy jelly for breakfast, your burgers, or anything else!
Our base recipe is as follows.
- 1 cup finely minced chile peppers
- 7 cups sugar
- 6.25 cups vinegar
- 2 packets of liquid pectin
- 8-10 Jelly Jars
- Start by combining peppers, sugar, and vinegar in a stock pot.
- Turn heat to high and bring to rolling boil.
- When it reaches a boil mix in your liquid pectin and continue boiling for ONE MINUTE EXACTLY and then cut off your heat
- Fill your jars leaving 1/2" head space for thermal expansion
- Can your jelly using a hot water bath for 10-15 minutes
Extract the Capsaicin
Did you know that you can actually extract the heat from a pepper? It's actually really quite easy! You can do this with any sort of grain alcohol, we used Everclear. Watch the video below to learn more.
Protect your Garden
Did you know that chile pepper spray is a GREAT pest deterrent to your garden! Simply grind up some chile peppers and water! After that, spray it on your plants.