How to make quick and easy Tex Mex tacos at home
For years I struggled to find a decent taco seasoning mix that both tasted good and was sufficiently spicy to suit my needs. After years of research I have finally come up with the best taco seasoning, but feel free to experiment with the ratios of the ingredients below to suit your tastes.
In this recipe I will show you how to create easy and quick ground beef or chicken tacos right in your own home. So throw away those pre-packaged spice mixes that contain all those additives, you now have a DIY taco mix you can create on the go.
You will need the following:
- 1lb ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 2-4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp corn starch (for thickening)
- 1/2-2/3 cup water.
- 4-6 flour tortillas or hard taco shells depending upon preference.
Making these Tex Mex style tacos at home is super easy. In 5 easy steps you can have fresh and spicy tacos for your family.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients into a bowl and then add water, mix well, and set aside.
- Preheat a skillet and brown your meat thoroughly
- After meat is browned, keep your heat on high and add in the seasoning mix you prepared in step one.
- Continue to heat until mixture thickens until your desired consistency.
- Plate up and enjoy! Be sure to top off with your favorite taco sauce!
I’ve made this exact recipe and it is bomb!! It goes great with some I’m So Chili or Pueblo Red. If you’re lookin to go for a walk on the wild side, use some Cosmic Peach, Solar Fuego, Cherry Popper or Atom Splitter!