Pueblo Chile White Cheddar Spicy Mac 'n' Cheese
Looking for the perfect spicy cheesy dinner?
Tried and true, this go-to mac n cheese recipe will awaken those senses with the flavor of Pueblo chiles. This is a great new way to put a spicy spin on a classic dish!
If bold cheesy flavor is your game, you definitely need to make this spicy treat. Don't worry though, the Pueblo chile has a gentle burn that's sure to please just about anyone!
All you need are a few simple ingredients:
- 16 oz. elbow pasta or shells
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup white cheddar
- 1/2 cup aged yellow cheddar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-2 jalapenos de-seeded
- 1-2 Pueblo chiles de-seeded (Anaheim or canned will do in a pinch)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2-3 tbsp. Pueblo Red or I'm So Chile hot sauce
- 4 qt. water for boiling and appropriate pot
- Boil water (I used an 8qt pot), fry 4 strips of bacon in a pan, then set aside, keep the pan warm.
- Cook pasta (16oz I think), add a tbsp. of coconut oil to water, drain
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in pot, add noodles, and about 1/2 cup white cheddar & 1/2 aged cheddar, stir and slowly add in 1/4 cup milk until it reaches creamy consistancy.
- Sauté deseeded (or seeded) jalapenos and green chilies in the bacon pan, then set aside on paper towels or strain away excess grease.
- Combine, top with Pueblo Red hot sauce and Enjoy!
- Optional step - steam broccoli and dice to add if desired.
This recipe was submitted to us by Charles!